We are a small Chicago-based firm dedicated to customer satisfaction for residential spaces. We are a small team with a passion for quality interior design and custom construction. Open positions are listed below.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative/Project Manager Assistant
Rockstar Administrative and Project Manager Assistant and All-around-get it-done-person is wanted for our upbeat, warm, friendly and professional interior design and construction firm. We are a client-focused company with great loyalty to our employees and want their jobs to be fulfilling. It’s a fun place to work.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting project managers in placing orders with vendors, following and completing tasks, and communicating with our customers;
- Various office duties including filing, handling mail, answering phones;
- Bookkeeping assistance: QuickBooks data entries, preparing client invoices, reconciliation, and calling clients
Applicants’ most important qualities should be intelligence; precision; attention to detail; excellent math ability; communication skills; an outgoing, positive personality; and integrity. Experience is a plus but we will teach you the specifics of what you need to know about managing small projects, handling all aspects of our book keeping, and all the other tasks regarding communications with customers and vendors. A four-year degree with a solid academic record is preferred.
This is an hourly paid position without benefits initially. Compensation starts from $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience. Benefits begin after 6 months. This is a great job for someone who wants to learn the fundamentals of project management and who wants to make a two-year plus commitment or for someone with good experience who is semi-retired or wants a part-time position. The position 20 to 28 hours a week –with more hours possible along the road.
Please reply to this ad with the words “Administrative Assistant at Habitar/Stratagem” in the subject line of the email. Forward a cover letter, resume and salary history. Only submissions that satisfy all of those requirements will be considered. Qualified applicants will be tested on their skills and abilities as part of the application process.
Construction Project Manager
Our growing business is seeking a full-time Project Manager to oversee all phases of interior construction projects, primarily kitchen and bathrooms.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Review site conditions in advance to determine what can and cannot be built, and during bidding process, ensure our scope aligns with actual requirements of the job.
- Anticipate construction difficulties and address, prior to bid completion.
- Work with support staff to ensure all materials are correctly specified and ordered.
- Monitor and coordinate material delivery, ensuring materials arrive in good condition
2. Resource Coordination
- Schedule contractors and coordinate their schedules between various projects
- Coordinate scheduling / deliveries with client and building’s management company (e.g., elevator reservations, etc.)
3. Project Management
- Manage project according to plan, anticipating and solving any issues or discrepancies that surface
- Monitor workmanship to ensure quality
- Assist contractors in problem-solving
- If plans need to be modified in order to meet field conditions, direct designers and contractors appropriately
- Develop and complete “punch list” items
- Handle service issues for past projects, as they arise
- Review invoices for accuracy before submitting for payment
5. Client Management
- Communicate with clients through all phases of construction, updating them with progress and addressing any questions or concerns, ultimately meeting and exceeding their expectations. Our goal is for our clients to have a positive experience with our firm, and refer us to others
- Proven and solid understanding of kitchen and bathroom construction, including plan reading
- Minimum 4 years’ experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and attitude to handle our valued, high-end clientele
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan, think on your feet, and make adjustments quickly as needed. Must be able to handle 2 or 3 projects simultaneously, along with outstanding items from past projects and preparing for future projects
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to be professional and demonstrate good judgment at all times, especially with clients
- Solid math skills needed for costing, ordering, measuring, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have own transportation in order to visit job sites
- Evenings and weekends availability to handle pressing issues if necessary
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary with bonus potential based on performance. Benefits include medical, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(K).