Interior Design is a journey of vast possibilities... Let us be your guide.
To be a premier Chicago interior design firm that supports creativity, positively contributes to the lives of our employees, and delivers outstanding service and customer care to our clients. See what our clients have to say in Testimonials
Our Pledge to our Clients
- We shall do whatever possible to achieve 100% satisfaction.
- We shall make the interior design process positive, supportive, manageable and enriching.
- We shall try to understand your interior design vision and remain true to it.
- We shall value your opinions and never force our preferences on you.
- We shall always be honest with you if we disagree on /disapprove of a design or selection.
Our Design Process
It All Starts with Understanding
As Chicago interior designers, our first task is to understand our client‘s vision and needs. For some clients, a particular room or a specific feature is essential – a baker’s kitchen, a contemporary fireplace and bookcase built-in. For others, the goal is the overall purpose of the space, such as designing the room to make entertaining easier.
But beyond the basic goals, understanding how a client wants their space to feel is essential in creating custom interior designs that are both an aesthetically pleasing and extension of the client’s personality.
Aside from design goals, we try to understand our clients’ expectations and working style. Some clients expect the interior designer to make all the decisions. Some are very hands-on and want limited assistance from an interior design firm. By taking the time to understand our clients at the beginning, the interior design process is smoother, more productive, and enjoyable.
Because interior design is a creative and interactive process, as the clients consider their options, their vision expands and evolves. The client who just wanted an updated living room discovers she loves mid-century modern with a pinch of vintage flea-market finds. A kitchen backsplash becomes a Martha Steward Madison Avenue Kitchen complete with Haefela hardware. This is what it’s all about: Helping our clients discover what they really want. Contact us and let us know: How can we help achieve your design vision?
A Manageable Plan
Once we’ve learned our client’s design preferences, we break the process of interior design into manageable steps which fit together to create a clear path to the endpoint.
For example, if a client has purchased a new condominium in Chicago and wants a complete home renovation including kitchen remodeling and/or bathroom remodeling, our plan may include:
Creation of a floor plan and furniture space plan.
- A design meeting to review and finalize the space plan.
- The creation of a design concept for the master bathroom design and kitchen.
- A design meeting to review and finalize design concept.
- The creation of a floor plan and specifications for all elements of the bathroom and kitchen as well as specifications and floor plans for all tile, paint colors, flooring and other materials needed in the renovation.
- A preconstruction meeting with the home remodeling company and additional meetings as necessary.
After construction is complete the client may want assistance with furnishing in which case the plan will include:
The creation of design concept for furnishings.
- A design meeting to review and finalize the furnishing design concept.
- The creation of 3-D renderings as needed.
- The specification of all furniture, furnishings and window dressings.
- Purchase services as need.
- Installation services as needed.
Understanding the interior design process helps our clients make decision regarding budget and timing for their projects.
Understanding Cost, Time Frame, & Fees
For more information, see our page on Design Process & Understanding Cost.
From Concept to Completion
Since Habitar Design collaborates closely with our sister company Stratagem Construction, we can provide solutions to move you smoothly and efficiently from interior design to finished construction.
Our in-house construction expertise helps Habitar Design make cost effective decisions and makes it possible to closely anticipate and work within a budget. Further, a design and construction team often gets better results as they work together closely to prevent potential problems in the construction process.
In addition, Habitar Design has deep experience in real estate development having developed floor plans and models for numerous developers throughout the city. This means that we can advise clients who want to be sure their home renovation will add value to their home.
Our Service Area
We are your Chicago Interior Designers, our service area includes Hyde Park, Bronzeville, Old Town, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Bucktown, Edgewater, Wicker Park, Andersonville, Uptown, DePaul, the Gold Coast, the South Loop, Downtown, and Streeterville. Northside Chicago or Southside Chicago. We also serve the suburbs in Highland Park, Evanston, Skokie, Niles, Arlington Heights, Northbrook, Glenview, Winnetka, Kenilworth, Barrington, Deerfield, Park Ridge, Morton Grove, & Wilmette (to name a few).
For clients outside our Chicago interior design service area, we will happily refer you to other qualified designers.